San Diego '99
DECnet-Plus Installation and Configuration
- Topic Area:
- Track: Enterprise Solutions
- Topic: Networks
- Type: Weekend Seminar
09:00 AM Duration:
- Clyde Smith
- Vice President & Co-Founder, Creative Computing Inc
- Installation and configuration of DECnet-Plus is for anyone who needs to upgrade existing PhaseIV DECnet systems to DECnet-Plus. Those who must remain on OpenVMS v6.x but also need to upgrade to DECnet/OSI also receive the necessary instructions to perform the upgrades successfully.
The two major areas of discussion are the actual installation and configuration steps and management using NCL. Initially, some time is spent covering an introduction to DECnet-Plus. This includes the products within the product, their capabilities, when you'd want to use them, licensing, upgrade considerations, etc.
For the installation, a list of pre and post installation tasks are discussed along with the kits you actually need. The fast, basic and advanced configurations are covered in detail including advantages and disadvantages of each: where and when you would want to use each type. Once installed and configured, where do you find all the configuration files? Options for modifying a system that is already configured and applying ECOs are also discussed.
Once setup, you will need to be capable of managing the system. We will uncover the architecture behind NCL, the one key that unlocks the door to this extremely powerful language. In no time at all, you will be using NCL as though it were NCP.
Prerequisites: Attendees should have an understanding of DECnet PhaseIV, both as an end node and router implementation. Proficiency in NCP would also be helpful.
- Install DECnet-Plus in most network configurations
- Configure DECnet-Plus in most network configurations
- Utilize NCL for network management
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Prerequisites: Attendees should have an understanding of DECnet PhaseIV, both as an end node and router implementation. Proficiency in NCP would also be helpful.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|