San Diego '99
DCL Programming Introduction
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Languages & Tools
- Type: Breakout Session
10:00 AM Duration:
- Stephen Hoffman
- OpenVMS Hat Rack, Compaq Computer Corporation
- You will get a pragmatic introduction to the basics of Digital
Command Language (DCL) programming on OpenVMS, as well as information on some of the more advanced features of DCL such as file operations and DECnet task-to-task operations. You will learn the features and tradeoffs involved in DCL programming, as well as some of the potential programming pitfalls.
- Create, debug and use DCL command procedures.
- Understand and describe key DCL concepts.
- Decide when to implement a task using DCL, and when not to.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- An appreciation for fine operating systems.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|