San Diego '99
Creating & Using Your Own System Logical Name Table
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: System Management
- Type: Breakout Session
04:30 PM Duration:
- Arthur Cochrane
- Technical Advisor, Westinghouse Savannah River Site
- This session presents a technique on how an OpenVMS system can be easier to manage using a user created system logical name table. This allows the system manager to quickly know which logical names he has created on his system separate from the long default system logical name table, LNM$SYSTEM. Problems in this technique, what Compaq doesn't tell you.
- Know what a rooted logical name table is.
- How to use a logical name table to help organize an OpenVMS system.
- Use logical name tables for the reduction of maintenance requirements for the system manager.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- This seminar is designed for the system manager of an OpenVMS system or VMScluster who needs to knows how to startup and shutdown the system,but would like to improve their techniques on system management. Novice and intermediate level system managers sho
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|