San Diego '99
Complete Performance Management & Capacity Planning
- Topic Area:
- Track: Enterprise Solutions
- Topic: Capacity Planning
- Type: Weekend Seminar
09:00 AM Duration:
- Greg Rogers
- Technology Consultant, Compaq Computer Corporation
- In today's distributed client/server application environments,
performance management and capacity planning faces new challenges.
The need for tools and methodology for monitoring system performance and planning for future requirements has never been greater. This seminar will discuss technical issues, solutions and methodology for monitoring performance of Compaq and non-Compaq platforms, characterizing and modeling distributed client/server applications in support of capacity planning and performance engineering. Several case studies will be given to illustrate the application of methodology and tools. We will be demonstrating how Compaq's Performance Management and Capacity Planning product suite can be used to solve such a challenging issue. Particular products to be discussed are Performance products suites for OpenVMS, NT,Compaq and Non-Compaq UNIX and a new product (PAWZ) Performance Analysis Web Zone, a product to monitor and manage Performance of a large number of systems from a single station using web technology.
- Understand Compaq's new Performance Analysis Web Zone (PAWZ)
technology and how to deploy across an infrastructure.
- Understand and use Compaq's CP/Collect and Analyzer's capabilities to diagnose performance problems Understand and use CP/Planner
capabilities to perform capacity planning studies for OpenVMS and
Tru64 UNIX environments
- NT Data Collection, analysis, and modeling using Capacity Planner for Windows technology
Understand overall capacity planning methodology
Perform workload analysis and data collection
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- System managers, IT Directors/Planners or anyone involved with
managing performance and/or doing capacity planning of their systems.
It is desired that you bring your own laptop to this seminar.
Upon registering, please indicate whether or not you
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|