San Diego '99
Comparing VMS Clusters & RTR
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Clusters
- Type: Breakout Session
10:00 AM Duration:
- Keith Parris
- President, Integrity Computing, Inc.
- Reliable Transaction Router software appears to be aimed at solving many of the same problems as VMS Cluster technology. Many VMS system managers are familiar with VMS Clusters, but not with RTR, and they may wonder why the two separate products exist. This session compares and contrasts the two approaches, and clarifies where each, or both together, might best be applied.
- Understand the basic design philosophies behind VMS Cluster Software and Reliable Transaction Router (RTR) Software
- Identify the similarities, differences and relative strengths & weaknesses of each tool's approach to high availability
- Identify when VMS Clusters, RTR, or a combination of the two used together, will provide the best solution
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Attendees should be familiar with VMS Cluster configurations and basic networking technology.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|