San Diego '99
Champagne Intranet on a Beer Budget
- Topic Area:
- Track: eBusiness
- Topic: Intranet
- Type: Breakout Session
04:30 PM Duration:
- Steve Larsen
- Staff Software Engineer/Intranet Manager, American Microsystems, Inc. (AMI)
- A discussion of the strategies, tools and resources that have enabled a one-man Intranet team at a $300M company to build and maintain a corporate Intranet, for 1,300 employees, that now contains over 8000 URLs with more than 100,000 page requests per month. The discussion includes suggestions for Intranet goals, hardware, software, killer applications, authoring techniques and more.
- Establish initial goals and procedures for the corporate Intranet.
- Select and specify killer applications that are appropriate for their company Intranet.
- Find more information about free or inexpensive Intranet solutions.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|