San Diego '99
COM for OpenVMS (Wednesday)
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Software Applications
- Type: Clinic
06:00 PM Duration:
- Gaitan D'Antoni
- Principal Software Engineer, Compaq Computer Corporation
- The COM for OpenVMS Engineering Team will hold a clinic to discuss COM on OpenVMS. The format will be a discussion and technical exchange that will cover, but not be limited to, the following topics:
What is COM?
Why would I want to use COM on OpenVMS?
How do I develop COM applications on OpenVMS?
Using the Enterprise Toolkit (ETK) for OpenVMS to develop COM applications.
How do I wrap legacy applications as COM objects?
How can I access my OpenVMS applications from Visual Basic and WEB based applications on my NT systems?
Using Ewatch from AverStar to monitor my COM applications.
- Will know what is COM.
- Know how to develop COM OpenVMS.
- Know how to wrap legacy applications as COM objects.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|