San Diego '99
Understanding & Installing the Apache Web (HTTP) Server on OpenVMS
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Internet Technologies
- Type: Breakout Session
03:00 PM Duration:
- Lee Tibbert
- Principal Software Engineer, Compaq Computer Corporation
- OpenVMS brings legendary strengths of continuous computing and
security to the Internet. Apache is the open source Web server
that is, arguably, the most popular server on the Net. In the
spirit of open source software and the terms of the Apache license,
Compaq has ported Apache to OpenVMS and published the result.
Compaq will be providing support for Apache on OpenVMS!
Come hear how Apache on OpenVMS can give you an industry leading web
This how-to session is designed to acquaint users with the Apache web server on OpenVMS Alpha and will highlight considerations to address when installing and configuring Apache.
After attending this Workshop participants should be able to
Install and configure the Apache Web server on OpenVMS.
- Apache Features Overview
- Considerations to be addressed when configuring and using
Apache on OpenVMS
- Apache Installation on OpenVMS, including building from source
Apache Configuration on OpenVMS
- Apache Management on OpenVMS
Who Should Attend: Webmasters, tech support, application designers
- Install the Apache Web server on OpenVMS.
- Configure the Apache Web server on OpenVMS.
- Know considerations to address when installing and configuring
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Knowledge of Web technologies
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|