San Diego '99
The Anatomy of a File Header
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Internals
- Type: Breakout Session
10:00 AM Duration:
- Jim Hibbits
- Raxco Software, Inc.
- This presentation explores the contents and usage of file headers
under ODS-II. A complete analysis of file headers is presented, as
well as the implications to file design and usage. Issues covered
include: volume initialization, directories, security, fragmentation, multiple-header files and ANALYZE/DISK.
- Recognize major components of file headers and extension headers.
- Locate a specific file header within INDEXF.SYS.
- Be able to recognize a corrupt file header.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- General knowledge of VMS files and directories.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|