San Diego '99
Advanced Server for OpenVMS and PATHWORKS - Techni
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Intergration w/Windows NT
- Type: Breakout Session
01:30 PM Duration:
- Brad McCusker
- Compaq Computer Corporation
- This session provides a technical overview of PATHWORKS V6.0 for
OpenVMS and Advanced Server V7.2 for OpenVMS. This session focuses on the features and enhancements available in these products, including: VMS integration with NT, NT domain support
including setting up a trusted domain, managing the environment
including implementing single sign-on and using the DCL ADMINISTER
command line interface, licensing changes including using the
license manager user interface. This session also covers Advanced
Server V7.2 for OpenVMS including an overview of the NT infrastructure architecture on OpenVMS, Extended File Naming (ODS-5), OpenVMS Registry and the REGUTL utility and COM.
Additional focus will be on the many features and enhancements
currently under development for release in PATHWORKS V6.0C, Advanced
Server for OpenVMS V7.2B and V7.3.
- Which version of the PATHWORKS and/or Advaced Server for OpenVMS is needed in their environment.
- Understand how PATHWORKS and/or Advanced Server for OpenVMS brings NT integration to OpenVMS
- Understand what new features are coming in future PATHWORKS and/or Advanced Server for OpenVMS releases.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Prior knowledge of PATHWORKS Servers or Windows NT File and Print Server.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|