San Diego '99
Advanced KornShell Programming Techniques
- Topic Area:
- Track: UNIX
- Topic: Hints and Kinks
- Type: Breakout Session
08:30 AM Duration:
- William Smith
- Global Knowledge Network
- Using a practical shell script as an example, this session discusses various useful advanced KornShell programming techniques including:
- Defaulting variable values
- Signal handling
- Shifting arguments
- Typing variables (is it a number or a string?)
- Affecting KornShell command parsing
- Options processing
- Write shell scripts that take advantage of advanced KornShell features to increase functionality.
- Write shell scripts that take advantage of advanced KornShell features to increase operating efficiency.
- Write KornShell scripts that become more effective problem solving tools.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Attendees should be users of the KornShell and have a basic knowledge of KornShell features, options, and control structures used in writing scripts.
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|