San Diego '99
4GL Language Development in Client/Server & Web Environments using Cognos Powerhouse Tools
- Topic Area:
- Track: Open VMS
- Topic: Software Applications
- Type: Breakout Session
04:30 PM Duration:
- Conrad Whittall
- Marketing Mgr, Appl. Dev. Tools, Cognos, Inc.
- This session will introduce the OpenVMS application developer and manager to the concept of using fourth-generation language (4GL) development tools for building both client/server and Web-based business applications. This will be illustrated with examples using the Cognos® PowerHouse® family of application development tools - PowerHouse 4GL, PowerHouse Web and Axiant® 4GL. Explained in this session will be the process followed in developing and deploying mission critical data driven applications in a native OpenVMS environment, and of developing in NT environments and deploying on OpenVMS. Business cases will be presented that illustrate the technical and business advantages of application development in 4GL vs. 3GL environments.
- Illustrate that 4GL development tools are viable alternatives to 3GL-based tools for both client/server and Web-based business applications.
- Walk through examples, including architectural overviews, of developing both client/server and Web-based applications
development including architecture.
- Show how current OpenVMS users wishing to migrate to a 4GL-based development environment can do so.
- Prerequisites for attendees:
- Required Skill Level:
Assumes general knowledge of topic, familiarity w/basic terms & procedures
|Return To Top|